This weekend, we aren’t heading up to the mountains until tomorrow, Saturday, so it leaves a whole night to meal prep. Our Silverthorne Condo is a gem and while the dated bathrooms and carpet EVERYWHERE doesn’t bother me in the slightest, the kitchen leaves little to be desired. Not ideal to cook in.
And it’s certainly not in the same ball park as our kitchen. (The picture above shows our tiny ski condo kitchen compared to ours, below.)
So, while Mike works late on this Friday night, I will meal prep some mountain fuel to bring up for our weekend of adventure! When planning what food to make, I consider two things. One, what will be easy to re-heat in our kitchen (with 10 of our friends, plus their guests, it can be a tight squeeze). Two, it needs to be delicious, nutrient packed, and filling. We burn a lot of calories on those slopes!
Kidney Bean, Mushrooms & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 1/2 white onion
- 8-10 button mushrooms
- 1 tblsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tblsp cumin
- 1 tblsp chili powder
- 1/2 tblsp tumeric
- 4 garlic cloves
- Slice white onion.
- Dice Sweet potato.
- Heat coconut oil, garlic, onions & sweet potatoes and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add spices and cover with a lid for 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- While you wait, slice mushrooms and open can of kidney beans.
- Add mushrooms. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add kidney beans. Stir and saute for another 5-8 minutes.
- Scoop into tortilla shells
Carrot & Quinoa Breakfast Casserole
- 6 carrots, shredded in cuisine art
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Pepper & salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of panko flakes
- 5 dried dates, diced
- Make flax seed egg. Put in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add minced onions and saute for 5-8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Put quinoa in a large bowl and add carrots, garlic powder, pepper and salt to taste.
- Add dates, flax egg & panko flakes.
- Add mushroom & onion mix to the quinoa mixture and stir.
- Get a 9×9 baking pan and line with parchment paper that’s been sprayed.
- Cook at 400 for 10 minutes.
Enjoy your adventures!