Fall has arrived (actually winter, as it’s currently snowing in Colorado, even though it’s not even November!) I threw my 5th annual soup swap this Sunday and it was so lovely! I started this tradition 5 years ago and have made so many delicious soups. This year, nine fellow soup swappers gathered this past Sunday, a blustery winter day to swap delicious veggie goodness. Below are the recipes and soups that were made….and pictures of the fabulous festive day.
Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili
- Stacia, who’s made it to every one of the swaps I’ve thrown, made this pumpkin goodness.
Potato Broccoli Leek
- Veggie Broth
- Salt & Pepper
Saute leeks and broccoli in salt and pepper and olive oil with garlic towards the end. Add potatoes then place in a soup pot. Cover with veggie broth and simmer for 10-20 minutes. Let cool then blend.
Squash 7 Spice Soup
- My mom brought this soup – with spices all the way from Morocco!
Caribbean Sweet Potato & Coconut Nut
- Kevin made this sweet island delight. Recipe below!
- I mad this Irish stew and it was unbelievable hearty and delicious! Perfect for a cold winter evening. Here’s the recipe.
- Leah, my cousin, made this beautiful soup Here is the recipe.
- Nicole had quite the fiasco making this carrot lentil soup, with her stove breaking the morning of soup swap. And she still made it to the swap!
Coconut Red Lentil
- Amy brought this delightful soup – recipe below!