Spring has sprung in Colorado and things are turning green, we’re thinking about our garden, and I’m starting a 30-day Plant based Challenge! Lately, a number of people have been interested in how I eat, asking why, if it’s difficult, sending me awesome articles about restaurants getting more veggie-fied, celebrities going vegan, and snap-chatting me pictures of their all veggie dinners. It’s awesome!
So, why not start an official challenge!
What is this all about?
- Starting April 2nd, I’m kicking off a plant-based, wellness challenge – the #eatplants challenge.
- For 4 weeks, the goal is health, wellness and nourishing your body with more whole, plant-based foods!
- I’ll provide 3 recipes/grocery lists per week – each packed with tons of plant-based, whole food goodness. Goal is to eat as whole, healthy, unprocessed as possible! I’ll post breakfast/lunch ideas as well! During the challenge, try to move as much as possible, get 7+ hours a sleep a night & drink lots of water during the day – a holistic approach!)
- What is plant-based? Here’s a definition – the recipes I’ll include will fit this definition (although don’t be intimidated!)
- Plant–based eating isn’t just about the addition of whole, plant foods such as fruits, veggies, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds, but also the elimination of ALL animal products including meat, fish, eggs, dairy, gelatin and other animal byproducts from one’s diet.
- WHY Participate!? Believe in Better Health!! Your Health is by far your biggest asset, the most important priority you have. If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live? By incorporating more plants, you’ll have more energy, get more fiber, nutrients and possibly even lose weight (although that is not the goal!).
- How do you participate?! Follow my blog Happyandweknowit.com to receive notifications, recipes, meal prep tips, grocery lists, videos of me in the kitchen prepping meals, and healthy tips! I’ll post each weeks’ recipes/grocery lists on Fridays.
I truly believe your health and happiness are intertwined – and your health is tied to the food you eat! (Did you know 70% of your immune system lies in your gut!!!???) This spring, join me in a 30 day challenge of plant-based goodness!
One thought on “Spring into Health: #eatplants”